Re: 10g RAC with Veritas SF

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 10:24:35 -0500

I think you only need to operate instances. db resource should be
automatically up and down. Btw, I fail to understand why they invented
this db resource - the only purpose I can see - assisting notification
mechanisms. Or they tried to model group of resources with that? If
anyone has better idea - please share.

Services - maybe it has to do with service_names init.ora parameters?

On 12/1/06, amonte <ax.mount@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Fairlie

How about the database resources such as

db
inst1
inst2
database services

Should I put those as OFFLINE using crsctl?

I also having a bad time with database services, it turned out that when
Veritas stops the database with srvctl it stops everything related to the
database (as expected) such as db, inst1, inst2 and all database services
and when it starts the database it starts all except the services, expected
again since srvctl start database does NOT start the database services. I
asked the Veritas guy to add another srvctl command (srvctl start service )
he told me that is not possible?!?!?!

TIA

Alex

--