Re: 10g RAC with Veritas SF

  • From: "Alex Gorbachev" <gorbyx@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "LS Cheng" <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Dec 2006 17:04:57 -0500

Right. Fortunately, there are only one concept of services so far.
Oracle instance will start services named by default in service_names
parameter. They are also ones that you can operate with DBMS_SERVICES
package and it's possible to manipulate via CRS using srvctl. And
those are the same services that you manage in dbca.
I don't remember now how services with preferred and available nodes
are processed in RAC if they are defined in service_names.

On 12/2/06, LS Cheng <exriscer@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Alex

I think services he means those you see in gv$services, dba_services

--
Best regards,
Alex Gorbachev

The Pythian Group