RE: 10g RAC and defined services performance problem

  • From: "Crisler, Jon" <Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "Andrew Kerber" <andrew.kerber@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 11:07:08 -0400

Good question- in fact we did do that- each service runs the same
application, but accesses different schemas; this way a particular
schema would be located on one node.  In previous tests the cluster
seemed to work quite well, but now that they are live we are getting
high cpu utilization.   We have all the normal tricks in place for
performance tuning- large SGA, fast disks, gige RAC interconnect with
bonding etc.  Since I have not been told about the time periods that it
tends to choke I have not been able to do much with AWR etc but I am
trying to get that info.