Measuring PLSQL-SQL context switches

  • From: Hemant K Chitale <hkchital@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 23:15:23 +0800

Is there a method to measure or estimate the impact of context switches when executing SQL inside a PLSQL block -- particularly when the PLSQL block runs the same SQL statement very many times inside a loop ?

I can't seem to find a relevent statistic when I look at the list of statistics in the 10.2 Reference.

I know I could use timers to time the difference in execution time if I were to rewrite the PLSQL block but I would like to be able to measure and/or estimate the impact on execution time and/or CPU time given an existing piece of code .

Hemant K Chitale

http://hemantoracledba.blogspot.com