Re: 10g RAC and db_multi_block_read_count

  • From: Yong Huang <yong321@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Jon.Crisler@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 07:28:48 -0700 (PDT)

> I am struggling to think of any significant difference
> that RAC would introduce, so I would comment that it
> makes no difference

This question was recently raised in another forum. The poster
had 9208 RAC FOR AIX and dfmbrc was 16, set by itself, and had
lots of 'global cache cr request' waits (and UDP "socket buffer
overflows" in `netstat -s'). He changed the parameter to 4 and
solved the problem. He finally posted this reference:
http://www-900.ibm.com/cn/support/viewdoc/detail?DocId=2411083L10001
and quoted Note:228647.1. I couldn't read the Metalink note, but
after lots of reading pretty much concluded it's a port-specific
bug although I can't point out the exact bug number (most are
marked duplicate or incomplete).

Yong Huang