Re: RMAN restore database preview vs actual restore

  • From: Jeffery Thomas <jeffthomas24@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: ORACLE-L <Oracle-L@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 10:32:11 -0400

Here's the actual recovery script, the target client is np02, source
client np06.
The source RAC database has two instances, so I'm trying to recover to
the max archive seq between the two threads with the least SCN:

RUN
{
   ALLOCATE CHANNEL ch00 TYPE 'SBT_TAPE';
   SEND
'NB_ORA_CLIENT=np06,NB_ORA_POLICY=Oracle_Database,NB_ORA_SERV=backupmaster';

   SET UNTIL SEQUENCE 7885 THREAD 2;

   SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 1 TO NEW;
   SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 2 TO NEW;
   SET NEWNAME FOR DATAFILE 3 TO NEW;