Re: 10g R2 Oracle Net Configuration- Problem during 2 node RAC installation on RHEL 5

  • From: Avadhani mys <avadhanimys@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Chandra Pabba <Chandra_Pabba@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 13:25:46 +0530

Hi Ann,
This could be the problem with the  vipca failing on non-routable VIP IP
ranges, manually or during root.sh)

Even i had same issue and i resolved by doing below mentioned steps and if
you have multiple entries delete and reconfigure.Restart DBCA it works

Please make sure you have met the requirements  to install 10R2 (follow
metalink note 419646.1)

ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/oifcfg getif
ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/oifcfg delif -global eth0
ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/oifcfg delif -global eth1

ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/oifcfg setif -global eth0/192.168.1.0:public
ORA_CRS_HOME/bin/oifcfg setif -global eth1/192.168.1.0:cluster_interconnect

Regards,
Avadhani Mysore