RE: RMAN backup all but delete n days old

  • From: FMHabash <fmhabash@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Remigiusz Sokolowski <remigiusz.sokolowski@xxxxxxxxxx>, <Roger.Xu@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2009 10:13:06 -0500

This is a quick update regarding using this cmd

Backup
Archivelog all
Archivelog until time ... Delete input

This cmd does what I wanted it to do, however, when tested, it will actually
run 2 backups, one for each criteria.
The original thought was to do backup all then do a delete only without doing a
baclup. This does not look like it is possible, though, in rman.