Re: 10.2.0.4 / New Hugepages / JDBC Thin connections slow connect ?

  • From: Nuno Souto <dbvision@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 20:35:53 +1000

With hugepages and assuming no use of AMM - yes, I know in some OS hugepages
and AMM are incompatible, stay with me here until the end of the paragraph! -
the SGA is reserved in one go.  That doesn't mean *ALL* memory structures will
be pre-filled: they may well not be referenced for a while.  Doesn't mean they
don't get reserved.
In Aix and without AMM, the reservation of hugepages is immediate on startup
and it doesn't budge until shutdown.  I don't know what happens with AMM as I
refuse to use it.
--
Cheers
Nuno Souto