RE: 10.2.0.4 / New Hugepages / JDBC Thin connections slow connect ?

  • From: <Christopher.Taylor2@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Josh.Collier@xxxxxxxxxxxx>, <oracle-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:58:04 -0500

I thought that was AIX (others?) specific but that's a good question.  Seems
like I read that AIX does that but not positive.

Actually, I know for sure that it doesn't on Linux because it RESERVES
hugepages but doesn't use them - you can watch the free hugepages count go down
as Oracle claims memory I believe.  I'll try to verify on my end however.

Chris