[optimal] Re: pathway for Ophthalmic Photography

  • From: "Tom Steele" <tsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 17:17:52 -0400

Took up photography in 1974 when I was digging ditches for a living;
laying pipe for water lines and fire hydrants. One day in 1975 they were
tight sheeting the ditch line (18 feet deep), thought I was going to die
and walked off the job.

A week later took a part time job with a Retina Doctor processing all
their IVF's and printing the contact sheets and 8 x 10 blowups in the
evening. I worked another part job at the hospital and one of my jobs
was to wash about 500 pill bottles every day which were used for urinal
collections.

The photographer at the Doctor's office quit before they got fired and I
was offered the job. That was in 1975, I learned on an old Topcon with
no swings or tilts and the fixation light never worked the motor drives
broke down all the time. Back then we did 50 angiograms a week all on
film, I was so busy that when the TV program Mork & Mindy came out I was
clueless as I was working 60 hour weeks.

Thank You,

Tom Steele, CRA

Midwest Eye Institute

200 West 103rd Street

Indianapolis, Indiana 46290

317.817.1018

tsteele@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

   CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:

which it is addressed and may contain information that is confidential
and/or privileged.  If the reader of this message is not the intended
or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you have
telephone and return the original message to us at the above email
address