[optimal] Re: pathway for Ophthalmic Photography

  • From: Alexis Smith <alexis@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 15:23:40 -0400

I LOVE all the origin stories : )  I always find it interesting how people
get into this field and where it has taken them.
I was a wedding/portrait/event photographer (self-taught, I had to nickel
and dime my way to my first camera) and applied to a job opening at Henry
Ford Health System in Detroit.
Luckily, they were willing to train and Mark Croswell was willing to give me
a shot!
4 years later I applied to an opening under Richard Hackel at University of
Michigan.
I'm lucky to have experience working underneath great photographers!

Anyone else? : )

Alexis