[optimal] anterior heidelberg, viewing thru hazy cornea

  • From: John Head <gnarlyroot12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jul 2013 10:04:24 -0400

We have a new anterior lens and module for the Hedelberg Spectralis at a
second site, but not much experience using it.  As a photographer familiar
with the other Heidelberg functions, how much differnet is the anterior
scanning methodology?  trying it a couple times, it seems that fixation can
be an issue?  are there any optimal scan settings, ie ART levels, HS or HR?

basically I'm looking for some pointers, because an MD wishes to see the
angle for possible peripheral anterior synchiae, or a "mass blocking" which
may be causing  a "malpositioned ACIOL in the chamber."

the trouble is, I don't know enough about the machines capability,
especially when the MD says she cannot see the angle due to a "hazy cornea."

any suggestions or comments would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John Head, CRA