[optimal] Re: Problem with Nikon D200

  • From: JamesStrong <jamesdstrong@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2013 12:20:07 -0400

Denice

Have you tried leaving the camera wired to the SL but taking it off the
mount and holding the body toward a ceiling light while looking into the
lens mount and firing it as you would thru the slitlamp?

This way you can rule out mirrow/shutter issues being caused by the
wires/triggers of the SL.  Then you're down to software or FW cables. My
next step would be a different FW cable. We ran into a situation like that
when we tried to connect a trigger cable and there was a weird polarity
issue thar reversed the function of the mirror.  It locked up when
connected and DROPPED when the shutter was activated.

FWIW - we shoot with the D200 on 1/250 on our old Zeiss SL, a slower sync
shouldn't matter and i know you said none of that has changed.

j-