[optimal] Re: Problem with Nikon D200

  • From: John Gerty <gertyjm@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 12:15:20 -0700 (PDT)

Short term, see if your camera can write to an SD card or whatever card it
uses.  You could then transfer the images to your CPU this way.

Specifically, what shutter speed are you using?

Is there an X-synch setting which may have been turned off or reset somehow?

Do you see a preview image on the camera's screen?

I have had cables fail and camera plugs fail.  Firewire, especially the small
firewire plugs are more prone to this than USB.

Turn everything off, then spray contact cleaner on all the connections, plug
and unplug those connectors while they are wet with the cleaner.  Careful, it
might be flammable and definitely bad to breathe.

JMG

Help!