[optimal] Re: Ophthalmic Technician training & certification

  • From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 23 May 2011 09:13:29 -0700

Desire to excel and achieve mastery must come from within.  You can
teach ophthalmology; you cannot teach the will.  This is why I always
hire to the personality, not the skill set.  I can teach the latter.   A
curious tech/photographer or photographer/tech  ( semantics are not
important here) will always rise to the top.   I can generally within a
short time of talking with someone , assess their will to master.

Our entire lives should be spent in the process of learning.  Remember,
it's the journey, not the destination.....

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, FOPS

Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center

CPMC Department of Ophthalmology

2100 Webster Street Suite 212