[optimal] Ophthalmic Technician training & certification

  • From: JH <jennyhartigan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 21 May 2011 09:06:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hello

I have a few questions regarding acquiring ophthalmic technician certification.
 I have worked in the Ophthalmology field as a photographer for nearly 8 years.
However I have been out of the field for almost 5 years now. I did some
investigating online to find out how I can get trained and certified. However,
am finding several different options but most of them say that I have to have
worked in the field a year prior to apply for COA or COT.  Is this true? Does
my
prior experience count at all? I realize that just being a photographer is no
longer a viable option without also being a technician.  I really want to get
back into the field.  I appreciate any advice or direction that you all could
provide.  Thank you

Sincerely,

Jennifer L. Hartigan
jennyhartigan@xxxxxxxxx