[optimal] Re: Hand held OCT

  • From: Lydia Dimmer <lydiadimmer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 07:45:47 -0800

There is also Bioptigen -  The general co phone # is 919-314-5500 - ask for
Denise Arminger-George.
Lydia

From: sandorferenczy@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 09:35:10 -0500
Subject: [optimal] Re: Hand held OCT
To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

We have the iVue from Optovue, and have only just started using it, so
judgement is still in limbo.

So far it is exactly as advertised (we have the swingarm/stand as well, as we
use it in the OR for EUAs) - image quality is good, it is easy to use. The only
thing i would like to see (so far) is integration with the RTVue database as we
have years and years of data on that.

I'll try to post more updates to OPTIMAL as we use it more, but at this point
it is meeting expectations.

sandor

Sandor Ferenczy, CRA, OCTc
Ophthalmic Photographer

Ocular Oncology Service

Wills Eye Institute
840 Walnut Street, 14th Floor
Philadelphia, Pa 19107

www.fighteyecancer.com

On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 9:07 AM, Burris, Russ D. <Russ-Burris@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Happy Thanksgiving all

Does anyone out there have any experience with hand held OCT's?  My pediatric
doctors would like to get one in here for a demo.  Contact information would be
great.
Thanks Russ

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE This e-mail, including any attachments, contains
information from the Dean McGee Eye Institute, which may be confidential or
privileged. The information is intended to be for the use of the individual or
entity named above. If you are
 not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by a
"reply to sender only" message and
 destroy all electronic and hard copies of the communication, including
attachments.