[optimal] Haag-Streit PBQ-900

  • From: Angela Chappell <angela.chappell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "<optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>" <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:43:30 +0000

My trusty H-S photoslitlamp, which has hardly skipped a beat in the 20 years
I've been using it, has had a severe aperture malfunction. It began with
getting the odd blown out frame, caused by the aperture not shutting down, and
progressed to it happening on most frames. Have had to limp along with it until
it gets repaired, using the aperture preview to manually operate the aperture,
and now it is so stiff it's almost seized up.

Before the technician comes tomorrow to completely strip it down, has anyone
got any advice on what to look for? Are there any bearings in there, or
something which can be lubricated, or might it be the solenoid which is the
problem?

Thanks, Angela