[optimal] CPT Code for FAF

  • From: CPMC Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center <cpmceyelab@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2012 09:55:34 -0700

While Heidelberg and other manufacturers have made a push for a new code
specific for FAF, to my knowledge at this time, there is not.  FAF
shares the same code as color imaging.

You MAY however, bill under 92499 "Unlisted Ophthalmological Service or
Procedure" and attach a letter or supporting documentation as to why you
think this procedure should be given separate consideration.

This is the mechanism that we employed for years to obtain a stand alone
CPT code for Corneal Topography.  Keep in mind this can be a laborious
process, and with limited success from region to region throughout the
country.

Denice

Denice Barsness, CRA, COMT, ROUB, CDOS, FOPS

Ophthalmic Diagnostic Center

CPMC Department of Ophthalmology

2100 Webster Street Suite 212

San Francisco CA 94115