[optimal] Re: Acanthaeomeba Imaging

  • From: Denise Armiger <meritagestudio@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optimal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 06:44:18 -0400

Hi Lisa,

I have an image attached that I took at Columbia Univ. years ago. For those
of you who haven't seen confocal microscopy images before, the areas of
interest related to acanthamoeba keratitis are the white circular cells. I'm
told they can get triangular but I haven't had the opportunity to see that
clinically just yet.

Acanthamoeba is a single celled free living organism which means it can live
without a host but it does find it's way into humans.

I also attached a link below from youtube. It has an image at the end of the
video that shows an example as well.

I hope that helps.

http://youtu.be/GqsYxdm9Ob4

--