[optacon-l] Re: optacon training

  • From: "Nick Dotson" <nickdotson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 06:26:21 -0500

My first book was "Close Encounters of the 3rd kind, because my Angel-Bride
Margie and I were going to see it.  I didn't finish the book before we went to
the movie, but for a pretty good way into the movie, I DVS'ed the movie for
her.

What really shocked me was when I gained enough speed to read the book with a
sense of real enthusiasm and emotions springing from the text.  That was my
first real reading experience with it from my perspective.  I then took on The
Star Fleet Manual, and actually looked at uniform designs, my first attempts at
looking at images as well as text.

I read a wide variety of books from "Selected Writings of Chairman Mao" my
first possession actually printed in China.  Star Trek and James Bond novels.
It was the beginning of a personal print collection which really burgeoned with
my acquisition of a KPR model 30 in August of 1989 where my Optacon use held me
in good stead when I used the hand camera.

Nick