[optacon-l] Re: optacon training

  • From: "Marie Rudys" <mrudys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 04:55:12 -0700

Among my first book was Stephen King's Skeleton Crew, and my favorite story
out of that is Word Processor of the Gods.  To read that by myself was
something else, back in 1994.  The Optacon stood me in good stead when I was
in a battered women's shelter in 1995 and 1997, breaking away from a second
marriage that was violent and stormy.  I couldn't handle his temper tantrums
and yelling at me for every little thing and his paranoia.  Good thing I
took the Optacon with me.  If I didn't, it would have disappeared somewhere
and I would never have seen it again.

Marie