[optacon-l] Re: Reading lcd displays

  • From: Mary Emerson <maryemerson@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 07:32:23 -0800

Phil,

I'm fairly sure my Acer LCD display is not backlit. When I've tried to
read backlit displays, mostly on newer laptops, I haven't been able to
read them with a regular optacon lens or a CRT lens, in normal or
inverse mode.

My Acer V173B display was purchased a few years ago; I rarely use it and
never turn it on unless I need to read something when Windows needs
fixing and Jaws isn't available. The display will lie flat on a table
which is wonderful for reading with the optacon. The print isn't as bold
as I'd like, but it works. It's a little 17-inch display which is big
enough for the few times I need it.

Mary