[optacon-l] Re: Optacon to the Rescue

  • From: Debby Franson <the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 16:03:51 -0600

Hi Ninette!

Interesting story.  It reminded me of one of my own.

Recently, a friend called and said that she ordered a gift from Amazon for
me and one for my husband that she ordered at slightly different times, so
they wouldn't be coming in the same box.  I told Bruce that a gift was
coming for him from Amazon.

A few days later, The one that came for Bruce had his name on it.  The
gift, he could tell was a DVD by the shape of the gift wrapped package.  He
came into the living room and said, "This box confuses me.  It has my name
on the box, but the gift is wrapped.  Would you please check the card to
see who it is from?"  Since Amazon had printed the card that was on the
gift, I could read it very easily with the optacon.  It was such a thrill
to be able to check something for someone instead of me having to ask
someone to check something for me.

Bruce was confused, because he had ordered some DVD's for colleagues who
are friends at work, and he thought he might have mistakenly told Amazon to
gift wrap one of them.

Debby

At 07:38 PM 12/22/2011, Ninette Legates wrote

                                 --
                 mailto:<the.bee@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
--

"Teach me, and I will hold my tongue
; Cause me to understand wherein I have erred.