[optacon-l] Re: Fives, Sixes, eights, and Nines

  • From: don bishop <w6smb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: optacon-l@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2010 16:56:34 -0700

Hi Mary,

I've had that problem a few times.  It seems to depend on the font used
and the quality of the print.  I can usually figure it out, but if it's
something critical such as a prescription number, I try to check it some
other way just to be sure.
I also sometimes have a hard time distinguishing between 8 and 9 too.
Sometimes it seems the longer I work at it, the harder the differences
are to distinguish, but I suspect that's plain old operator problem.  <grin>

Don