[opendtv] Re: When the TV Picture Runs to Triple Digits

  • From: "Lindhoff, Andrew" <axl1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Mar 2006 09:44:04 -0500

Speaking of flaws, just during the weekend before last and on Friday and
Saturday of this past week alone, I saw more technical errors occur on
major networks than I have seen happen in totem in the past 40 years.
What in the world is going here?  Blocking, loss of lip sync, freeze
hits in the video, intermittent loss of audio.  And, these types of
errors were not happening on the Bob Network either, but on major
networks and during the programming being sent by major cable
programming suppliers.  In addition, our local cable company had their
entire system (Every channel all at once) totally lock-up for upwards of
three minutes on each of two occasions.  Hey, if this is the future of
television, then please give me back the past.  I might not see things
as crisply, it's true, but at least I'll see them on a regular and 99%
technical error free basis.

Drew Lindhoff. =20