[opendtv] Re: Watch FCC's Ajit Pai dress up as Santa and wield a lightsaber to mock net neutrality rules

  • From: "John Shutt" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "shuttj" for DMARC)
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2017 17:59:42 -0500

Whatever shall we do now that Chairman Pai has returned us to the dark ages of 2015...

Courts do the right thing? Congress failed to reclassify broadband data providers as Title II common carriers, so in 2015 Obama carried out his threat to do so with his pen and his phone. He directed the FCC to make the change. Pai simply undid what Obama's FCC did. What you consider abuse of power, I see as a correction to undo prior abuse of power.

You want net neutrality? Go tell congress to pass some legislation, and I'm sure Chairman Pai will be more than happy to draft the rules to implement the law.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>