[opendtv] Re: Transition confusion

  • From: "Hughes Gary-DJWV76" <ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2007 13:21:47 -0400

Cable tends to use 15mbit/sec for HD streams. It is fairly common
practice for them to transcode the OTA signals down to 15mbit/sec (or
possibly less). There is certainly a visible difference when comparing
the same HD signal received by my TV's ATSC receiver vs the cable box
delivering its version via HDMI.

Gary

Gary Hughes
Video Architect, Advanced Engineering