[opendtv] Re: This is not the recovery Bert was looking for

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2010 07:54:17 -0500

 Not long ago, Bert was telling us that viewers are returning to
 the broadcast networks; that ratings were up. Once again, Bert
 was mostly mistaken.

Don't be silly, Craig. I was quoting the Nielsen ratings taken when recording devices were taken into account. I'm not the one that just makes things up.

That article showed that CBS and I believe Fox were up in all age groups.

That article was based on overnight data at the beginning of the TV season. Unfortunately for broadcasters, by the time the fall sweeps came in the initial up tick disappeared.