[opendtv] Sundance Digital Hits the Road With “A Taste of NAB 2005” - Press Release

  • From: Larry Bloomfield <Larry@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2005 11:52:48 -0500

*Irving**, TX** (June 14, 2005) *– Because not everyone goes to NAB, “A
Taste of NAB” goes to everyone.  For the fourth consecutive year,
Sundance Digital is sponsoring the Road Show that serves as a traveling
educational forum for engineers, technicians and consultants who either
didn’t get to Las Vegas, or simply want a more in depth review of the
show’s highlights.

Working mainly through local SBE and SMPTE Chapter meetings across the
country, “A Taste of NAB” brings samples of new technology released at
NAB to approximately 74 venues across the country within a six-month span.

As an Underwriter, Sundance Digital furnished a highly focused
presentation outlining the latest advances in automation technology.
The heart of the tutorial is based around the Company’s award winning
product suite, which includes NewsLink™ - an automation and playout
control system for digital news operations, FastBreak NXT – a redesigned
and cost-effective automation package for stations operating one to
several channels in their facility, the large-scale Titan™ automation
package, a bi-directional messaging solution between traffic and
automation, and Seeker™ - a broadcast workflow and asset manager to
enhance operational efficiency.

The brainchild of Larry Bloomfield, originator and publisher of
Tech-Notes - a web site dedicated to the technology of television, ”A
Taste of NAB” has grown from 31 locations and 450 attendees in 2002 to
it’s present day status of attracting over 1100 guests and covering over
18,000 miles in 2004.  “Obviously we will not take the place of NAB, but
we can bring a part of it with us,” says Bloomfield. “We ask companies
with technology they would like to get out to the grassroots engineer to
help us by underwriting our efforts, but since this is purely an
educational endeavor and not a sales shot we are grateful to Sundance
Digital and our other Sponsors for their support.”
**

The Taste of NAB 2005 Road Show kicked off on April 24 and will finish
off sometime in late October.  For more details:  www.Tech-Notes.tv

*_About Sundance Digital Inc._*
Sundance Digital, entering its second decade in 2005, is headquartered
in the metropolitan Dallas, Texas area. The Company is an award-winning
provider of high-performance television automation solutions. Sundance
Digital has a strong commitment to technology, deep roots in all aspects
of television, and is highly customer focused. Technical support is
available "live" on a 24x7 basis from a team of highly skilled,
broadcast-trained engineers. Additional information about Sundance
products is available at www.SundanceDigital.com
<http://www.SundanceDigital.com/>.

 --

Larry Bloomfield, KA6UTC