[opendtv] Seeing Transition Info on Broadcasts

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 14:54:22 -0700

Most stations here in Las Vegas run information banners along the bottom or
top of the screen explaining the analog transition and to look for more
information at various websites and phone numbers.  There is no consistency
between stations as to what number to call or website to visit.

I don't see the banners around primetime much but they do happen at various
parts of the day.  They are annoying but at least they are getting the info
across.

I doubt that cable or DTT is seeing them, just those analog holdouts.

I need to buy a receiver with my NTIA coupon by the end of the month.  I
still can't find any in town with a bypass.  I guess I'll have to get one
of those "easy" rf switches!  If I had a foul mouth I'd be cussing right
now.

Dan