[opendtv] Re: Seeing Transition Info on Broadcasts

  • From: dan.grimes@xxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 08:38:03 -0700

As of late, no local Radio Shack stores carry the model with analog
pass-thru.  It is my understanding that Solid Signal is not approved to
take the NTIA coupon.

As of late May, I had not found any approved online retailers that sell a
box with the analog pass-thru.  I need to check again.

Let me know if you know of anything contrary.

Dan

             "Manfredi, Albert
             E"
             <albert.e.manfred                                          To
             i@xxxxxxxxxx>             <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             opendtv-bounce@fr
             eelists.org                                           Subject
                                       [opendtv] Re: Seeing Transition
                                       Info on Broadcasts
             06/13/2008 04:46
             PM

             Please respond to
             opendtv@freelists
                   .org

Dan Grimes wrote:

> I need to buy a receiver with my NTIA coupon by the end of
> the month.  I still can't find any in town with a bypass.
> I guess I'll have to get one of those "easy" rf switches!
> If I had a foul mouth I'd be cussing right now.

Dan, try one of the ones here marked with the *.

https://www.ntiadtv.gov/cecb_list.cfm

Radio Shack supposedly carries the Digital Stream DTX 9950 and the
Zenith DDT 901, both with analog passthrough.

http://www.radioshack.com/family/index.jsp?categoryId=2032199&sr=1&origk
w=tv%20converter%20box

Also, Solid Signal sells the Philco TB100HH9 box, with analog
passthrough.

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?prod=TB100HH9

These guys deliver FAST, in my experience.

GIF image

GIF image

GIF image