[opendtv] Re: Scrambled channels irk cable viewers

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 2004 19:47:15 -0400

Comcast is perfectly and legally justified in what they did.  OTOH,
there is no doubt in my mind that this amounts to a price increase and
/or service decrease.

They may well be able to get away with it but with sufficient
grumbling about cable price increases tends also to come greater
grumbling about cable monopolies with the usual pressure for greater
regulation.   If they would truly like to convert everyone to digital
only service you would think they would be trying fairly hard right
now to not offend anyone.  But maybe another way to get rid of analog
customers is simple to drive them off.

- Tom  (becoming a broadband, phone, and limited basic Comcast
customer again this weekend at my new loc)