[opendtv] Re: Report: 3 out of 4 TV Viewers Switch On and Go Straight To The "Guide"

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2007 15:10:25 -0500

At 1:10 PM -0500 12/6/07, Tom Barry wrote:
Craig Birkmaier wrote:
 50 percent of consumers who see IPG advertisements take action.

Does anybody believe this?

I guess it depends on how the question was worded...

For example: Have you ever seen an IPG advertisement that caused you to view the program being promoted?

I also wonder how many people actually have access to this form of interactivity?

The Cox program guide places the video from the currently selected program in the upper right corner and the details about this program in the upper left corner. The guide is not used to promote other cable programming. You can navigate the guide which occupies the lower half of the screen, and "interact" by selecting a program to view now or mark it for recording if you have a PVR.