[opendtv] Re: Reception Issues

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 01:03:23 -0700

John;

That could account for it.  However, one of those dtv channels would be an
interesting datapoint, because it is on channel 55.

And, the ducting could be outside the Santa Barbara-to-Ensenada corridor.

My first thought was that it didn't make much sense, but it's entirely
possible for the ducting to have been elsewhere, and have interfered with
all DTV reception here.  Or, the predictions could have been wrong.

That could also account for something that I'm still not entirely sure
about, but I think I saw KXLA on Channel 4, which is occupied by KNBC.  KXLA
uses some translators to spread out their signal.  Perhaps one in the high
desert is on channel 4.  Or, maybe some technical glitch put the KXLA signal
(callsign in the upper left of the screen) on the KNBC analog stream.

John

From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>