[opendtv] Re: RI-VO

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:00:50 -0400

At 12:23 AM -0700 7/13/05, Kon Wilms wrote:
>Did you miss the part where I said the device runs linux, and users can
>load their own applications on the drive to run at any time they want?
>If you are so inclined you could run a a/p scanner script with a
>shoutcast tuner and automate it to connect to any available wifi network
>and attempt to download tracks.

I was a bit confused about this point. I thought you were talking
about the PC running Linux.

It sounds like it would be possible to make the unit do what I am
talking about, although it may take someone with some skill and
patience to pull the necessary stuff together.

Bottom line we agree on most of the basic issues. Now what we need is
a digital broadcast system that anyone can use to deliver their
podcasts...