[opendtv] Re: RI-VO

  • From: Kon Wilms <kon@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Jul 2005 09:05:56 -0700

On Mon, 2005-07-11 at 09:18 -0400, Craig Birkmaier wrote:
> But can you record a program that airs at noon, while your car is
> parked at the office, then listen to it when you drive home that
> afternoon?

Yes. Complicate it as you will, the interface stays the same. If you can
get a net connection, it is possible.

> The idea of syncing to your home computer/audio system when the
> vehicle is in WiFi range is highly desirable too! That way your music
> library in the car is always up to date. But live  or programmed)
> recording in the car is necessary too. Even with out an EPG, you can
> fall back to the old time and channel programming method.

I personally think live recording for radio is a waste of time. However,
its not impossible to do with this device, since you have USB ports,
linux OS, basic /dev/audio output to your car speakers, and a
programmable front panel - just get an XM PCR, write a few scripts, and
you're good to go for live recordings.

Cheers
Kon