[opendtv] Re: One Percent of US households

  • From: "Bob Miller" <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 17:22:55 -0500

I have probably 10 or more OTA STB's. I have a couple of plasmas and a
couple of LCDs all of which are integrated sets. And I have a couple
of projectors, a Sony and an Optoma. I have never hooked up any of
these to an antenna in more than a year.

How many of those who have cable or satellite also use OTA? I don't
and I don't think there are many who do. Backup maybe in case of
another Katrina.

Of that very small number I think the run up to analog turnoff will
see a high percentage take up cable or satellite. Within a year after
analog shutdown I believe that OTA DTV will be under ONE % of
households.

Only one thing could change this in my mind, a rather severe recession
in which a lot of people cancel cable and satellite.

Bob Miller