[opendtv] Re: News: Sirius Founder Says Company Won't Be Able To Compete

  • From: Bob Miller <robmxa@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 19:17:01 -0400

With WiFi, WiMax, LTE and even wireless fiber for the last kilometer.
Lots of it already planned for former TV spectrum and they always will
need more.

WiFi in the white space below channels 52, WiMax and LTE on spectrum
above 51. The question is when do they get the rest of it? 8-VSB and
maybe 3% of homes relying on OTA is not going to cut it IMO. The best
use of the spectrum is going to look more and more like it isn't OTA
DTV.

Of course if we had 75% of homes with OTA DTV receivers that were
actually being used like in the UK it might be different. What has
8-VSB done for you today?

Bob Miller