[opendtv] Re: News: Sirius Founder Says Company Won't Be Able To Compete

  • From: Kon Wilms <konfoo@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 15:05:04 -0700

On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Manfredi, Albert E
<albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> My sense is radio via broadcast will continue to exist for quite some
> time, for this reason.

Really? I think you may be slightly mistaken. Perhaps for your
generation, but not the younger ones.

I can't think of one of my colleagues or friends that still listens to
'the radio'. Everyone has a 3G device with Pandora or some other
streaming service hooked into their car's aux socket. I personally
only use the radio for AM talk radio. I have never used an FM radio
since coming to the USA, not in the past 10 years at least. After the
first round of obnoxious ads I pushed the OFF power button and that
was the end of it.

Perhaps the problem is that the musical content on the radio is
trash... interspersed with way too much advertising for things I don't
want, need or care about.

Cheers
Kon