[opendtv] Re: News: NEW BLOOD ; THE NETWORKS' FALL SHOWS FACE AN UPHILL BATTLE WITH MIGHTY CABLE

  • From: "Manfredi, Albert E" <albert.e.manfredi@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "OpenDTV (E-mail)" <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2004 18:44:46 -0400

Kon Wilms wrote:

> I think with all the reality shows the networks have
> forgotten how to tell a real story, or even try.

Chuckle.

But it's not really that bad. As recently as last season
there were some very decent shows on the air. My personal
dislike of LAX is not even so much the premise. It is the
style.

The best I can use as comparison would be the Burt
Reynolds movie of years ago, I think it was called
Any Which Way But Loose. My wife liked the chimpazee in
it. Other than that, it wasn't funny, just sort of
half-baked slapstick. It wasn't drama. There was no
character development. The plot was shallow and
uncreative. It basically didn't take itself seriously.

This seemed along those same lines. I know they can do
infinitely better. Isn't NBC the network of West Wing
and ER?