[opendtv] Re: News: Merger of Sirius and XM Approved by F.C.C.

  • From: "Adam Goldberg" <adam_g@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 19:57:39 -0400

There was a proposal to mandate HD Radio in satellite receivers.  On behalf
of my employer, I lobbyied against that requirement.  I have not seen any
press reports that indicates what conditions were attached to the approval
(other than the $20M fines).  I have seen reports that the documents would
be available this coming week, and when that happens, I'm sure someone will
post the details here.