[opendtv] Re: News: Barton: 2009 Analog-Cutoff Date 'Frozen'

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2005 08:58:53 -0400

What was the original spectrum auction revenue figures used in the Balanced
Budget Act of 1997?  After the tech bubble burst, can the government really
expect $30 billion from a new auction?

I'm sure LG can't wait to get an order from the Government for 73 million
5th generation STBs at $50 each.  I'm also sure they will outperform the
Cold Fusion demonstrator that seems to have fallen off the face of the
earth.

John