[opendtv] Re: New message to viewers: You can watch HD for free over the air

  • From: "John Willkie" <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 19:10:27 -0700

No, it won't, because you are asking for the impossible.  But, I note that
broadcasters can still oppress you somehow, even though they ask nothing
aside from your viewership.

I don't know how old you are -- but you appear to be younger than I, and I
was born 50 years ago.

When was the last time you saw television marketing something other than the
wares of advertisers or the channel you are watching?

For me, it's been more than 30 years, and even then I'm hedging my bets,
because I'm talking about color TV, which was everywhere (save local news)
39 years ago.  This month.