[opendtv] Re: My first dtv converter box

  • From: "John Shutt" <shuttj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Apr 2009 11:48:55 -0400

Ugh. This is my own personal experience, and in no way is meant to slander any manufacturer, but we have received enough viewer complaints of Magnavox STBs with infant mortality power supplies that I would hesitate to recommend this receiver to anyone. (Not to mention the less-than-user friendly menu navigation.)

The Zenith/Insignia, on the other hand, I have personally purchased for myself and for family members 5 of these and have been very pleased with the RF performance and the friendliness of the remote and menus. The latest version of the Zenith/Insignia fixed two issues, one with RF pass-through and the other with left channel audio only on the RF out.

John

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allen Le Roy Limberg" <allimberg@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

Our experience in Port Charlotte, FL was quite different, both with a
Magnavox converter from Walmart and with a Zenith converter from Circuit
City.