[opendtv] Re: Monthly Bill Fatigue

  • From: cbenham@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 01:07:12 +0000

I do listen to NPR at home through my PC.

This is about listening to NPR while driving between D.C. and Philadelphia.

I'm on the road about an hour and 45 minutes daily and I like to listen to NPR,
but a lot of the time both stations, WETA and WHYY, both on 90.9 mHz,
interfere with each other and prevent listening.

One of them gets the feed from NPR about 10 seconds later than the other.

All you hear is the FM receiver fluttering between the two stations and it's
impossible to make sense out of what you hear because of the time delay between
them. It's mostly unintelligible.

Nothing will ever be done about this problem because it occurs in areas with
low  population density and few contributions to NPR stations come from these
areas.