[opendtv] Re: MVPD and VOD; A Solution to Time-Shifting

  • From: John Willkie <johnwillkie@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Jun 2008 18:36:19 -0400 (EDT)

so, you're now asking someone hunting around (at least a bit) for solid
conclusions based on his feeling about?

Dan, you would need attorney help to answer your questions: universities have
paid big bills going outside what fair use permits.  I would be uncomfortable,
personally, about using a camera, absent an opinion letter from an attorney.
It could be a slam-dunk, or it could be murky, or untested.

As for Bert, it's "comforting" to see that he still uses authoritative sources.
 I will note that he's asking questions when he doesn't know something, rather
than making statements.