[opendtv] Re: MPEG Transport Streams

  • From: "Gary Hughes" <ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 13:08:35 -0400

If you want to look at ATSC documents I'd suggest starting
with A/54 as a good overview of how video, audio and systems
are supposed to work together. Just keep in mind that it
is informative, not normative.

A/90 describes a mechanism for encapsulating data, including=20
IP datagrams, in MPEG transport, NOT a mechanism for encapsulating
MPEG transport in IP datagrams. I'd suggest getting a handle
on MPEG transport before diving into either of those topics.

gary

Gary Hughes
Director of Media Engineering
Broadbus Technologies, Inc.
ghughes@xxxxxxxxxxxx
v: 978 264 7919
f: 978 264 9108

This email message and any files transmitted with it contain =
confidential information intended only for the person(s) to whom this =
email message is addressed. If you have received this email message in =
error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone or email and =
destroy the original message without making a copy. Thank you.