[opendtv] MPEG Transport Streams

  • From: dgrimes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:44:22 -0700

I know the difference between MPEG-2 and MPEG-4 encoding, but not about
transport streams.  Anyone like to educate me on transport streams or give
me a good source for reading about them?

Dan Grimes

                      "John Willkie"

                      <JohnWillkie@eart        To:
<opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      hlink.net>               cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [opendtv] Re: Qualcomm
on Channel 55
                      opendtv-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      06/21/2005 11:17

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      opendtv

It was not I who said that MPEG-2 transport streams were passe, nor was it
who thought that there were MPEG-4 transport streams.  I deal with MPEG-4
all the time.  In MPEG-2 transport streams.

you do not need to inform me, Craig.  Your intentions need to be directed
the "I don't understand the technology but I can try to sound like I do"
types hereabouts.  Two names on the list are a Bob and a Tom.